Simply Wabi Sabi
A way of being
WABI-SABI is a Japanese word that is loosely translated as FINDING THE BEAUTY IN IMPERFECTION.
So, you're probably wondering, what is a Wabi-Sabi woman?
Wabi Sabi women defy society's definition and expectation of perfection. We know that our so-called "imperfections" are what give us character, our strength, and our brilliance. A Wabi Sabi woman lives fully, all the seasons of her life, knowing that she can't control the winds, but she can adjust the sails.
She practices acceptance. She practices forgiveness. She messes up, she falls down, she gets up, and she knows it will happen again. This is life, the yin and the yang, the good and the bad, the beautiful parts and the ugly parts. And it's all okay.
Living a Wabi Sabi life is about going with the flow and letting go of fear. Fear of not being enough. Fear of other people's judgment. Trying our best and knowing when our best is good enough. It is owning who we are and unapologetically knowing our worth. It is about staying open, seeing change as opportunity and every challenge as an invitation.
- What would your life be like if you stopped hating your body and started loving your self, today, exactly as you are? How much have you sacrificed because you didn’t believe you measured up to our cultural “body beautiful standard?” I know I missed out on one too many pool parties!
- What if you could pursue your creative endeavors without fear of being judged, without the fear of being seen as not good enough or talented enough? What would you love to do but never had the confidence or belief in yourself to pursue it? We are all born creative beings, every one of us!
- How would it feel if you could say “no” to those who don’t deserve your respect, your time, or your love? How much of yourself have you given away to those who didn’t deserve you? I know I wouldn’t have wasted so much time on undeserving lovers, “friends,” or jobs that didn’t recognize my talents or respect my worth. Ion we don’t love or value ourselves, neither will others.
- What would your life be like if you could embrace the aging process instead of fearing it and treating it like some dreaded disease? What if you could look in the mirror and smile at the woman standing there instead of seeing someone who needs to make an appointment for some Botox injections? Did you know that the way we age has a lot to do with our thoughts and emotions related to getting older? Imagine how it would feel to let go of that.
- What if you trusted your own intuition enough to know that the choices you make are the right ones for you? What if you stopped demeaning and questioning yourself, always beating yourself up and wondering whether you said the right thing, did the right thing, acted and looked the right way?
Imagine for a moment how amazing your life could be it you truly loved the person you are, warts and all, and totally and unapologetically could just be you.
Whatever you’ve just imagined
Your life could be, and should be that wonderful!
And I'm here to help you achieve it.
I get it. I’m right there with you. I've had weight issues for most of my life, relationship challenges, divorces, career flops, and do-overs at 50 years old. Life isn’t always that bowl of red ripe juicy cherries that we’d like it to be. In fact, life, just like all relationships, takes work. And there are ups and downs. But when we begin to love our self (which is harder to do than it sounds!) we will then treat ourselves with the care and respect we deserve. Our health will improve because we will no longer sabotage or treat our bodies, minds, and souls with disrespect. We will make the best choices for ourselves more often than not.
Here at Wabi Sabi Women we start at the core, working from the inside out by practicing self-love, offering ourselves self-respect (in many forms of self-care) rewriting or re-viewing our past stories, and learning to accept our imperfections as the things that make us perfect.
We work with nutrition, body movement that we love, practices to stimulate our minds and create peace within our souls. We can then adopt a life-changing Wabi Sabi mindset, where we leave behind those feelings of fear, self-doubt, and unworthiness, helping us to move on and be able to focus on what genuinely matters, living our most glorious, healthy and joyful lives.
PLEASE JOIN US!